March 20 - March 23 / 8:00am - 5:00pm ( + Add to My Calendar )
TIA Portal Programming 1
This course is for SIMATIC S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, and S7-400, PLC users who are involved with developing or sustaining automation systems and their application programs.
- Microsoft Windows expertise
- Intro to PLCs and Languages
This course is the first in a three part series which builds basic programming skills with Siemens STEP7 TIA Portal software. Students will learn S7 project management, program design and application development. This is an aggressively paced curriculum covering the S7 programming editor with Ladder, Function Block Diagram, and Statement List, programming languages, as well as key software tools. This course takes a systems approach using the S7- 1500 PLC, plus basic connectivity and functionality of an KP700 HMI and ET200SP, PROFINET I/O.
Throughout the course, students will build a STEP7 project from the beginning, learning proper program structure and documenting. Software diagnostic tools will be used for debugging both hardware and code. Various instruction sets, memory areas, program blocks, and libraries will be introduced to provide the student with solid concepts of structured programming.
The course format consists of instruction and hands-on exercises. The course uses a conveyor model for realistic demonstrations and exercises.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Complete a system hardware configuration
- Build, document, test and troubleshoot a structured STEP7 program
- Program using the multiple address types
- Use symbolic addressing
- Use core application instructions, functions and block
- Program using the processed analog values
- Generate data blocks
- Install PROFIBUS DP connectors on to PROFIBUS cables and test the cables for correct installation
- Establish communication to an HMI
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.
23409 Industrial Park Ct.
Farmington Hills, MI 48335