April 10 - April 13 / 8:00am - 5:00pm ( + Add to My Calendar )
840Dsl Maintenance 1 w/Operate
This course is designed for electrical/electronic end-user maintenance personnel for machine tools using the new SINUMERIK 840Dsl (Solution Line) controls. This course presumes the customer is using the PCU 50 or an HMI TCU (Thin Client Unit), with the SINUMERIK Operate system platform.
- Microsoft Windows expertise
This course emphasizes the maintenance aspects of this new version of the SINUMERIK 840D. An overview of the soft key menus of the control is provided, including the basic principles of operating the control. Demonstrations are given on how to competently manage maintenance functions, and for back-up/restore functions of the NC, PLC and PROFIBUS Drive series start-up archive files.
The class format is a mixture of lecture and hands-on exercises. SINUMERIK 840Dsl simulators are utilized to allow the student to build proficiency in control navigation and managing different forms of data.
This course does NOT cover the SIMATIC S7 PLC programming language.
NOTE: It is recommended that all 840Dsl maintenance personal enroll in SIMATIC S7 TIA Programming 1 orr SIMATIC S7 System Tools and Troubleshooting 1 and SIMATIC S7 System Tools and Troubleshooting 2.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Identify the major SINAMICS S120 hardware and indicators in an 840Dsl application
- Access and utilize the major operating areas of the control
- Edit and store machine data
- Back-up and restore NC data, PLC program and PROFIBUS drive data to the internal hard drive or System CF Card
- Back-up and restore NC data, PLC program and PROFIBUS drive data to an external data medium
- Diagnose problems using SIEMENS generated alarm displays
- Use on-screen help functions to help diagnose alarm related problems
- Perform file management functions using System Data Management
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.
23409 Industrial Park Ct.
Farmington Hills, MI 48335