This advanced maintenance course is designed for electrical/electronic end user maintenance personnel and supporting manufacturing/production engineers who wish to know more about the SINUMERIK 840Dsl (Solution Line) CNC Controls. This course presumes the customer is using an HMI with either the PCU 50 or TCU (Thin Client Unit) hardware, and the SINUMERIK Operated software.
- Microsoft Windows expertise
- 840Dsl Maintenance 1 w/ Operate (SCT-SNSLM1A-OP)
This course includes information regarding system hardware, system software, configuration, and commissioning procedures related to both the 840Dsl and its integrated SINAMICS S-120 drive system.
Course format is a mixture of lecture and hands-on exercises. SINUMERIK 840Dsl simulators are utilized to allow the student to build proficiency with the hardware and software systems. A review of the procedures for complete system backup and restoration will also be conducted.
This course does NOT cover the SIMATIC S7 PLC programming language.
NOTE: It is recommended that all 840Dsl maintenance personal enroll in SIMATIC S7 TIA Programming 1 orr SIMATIC S7 System Tools and Troubleshooting 1 and SIMATIC S7 System Tools and Troubleshooting 2.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Back-up and restore all NC data to the control
- Back-up and restore all PLC data to the control
- Back-up and restore all PROFIBUS drive data to the control
- Access and interpret control status display for troubleshooting purposes
- Analyze system messages, alarm messages, and LED indications to identify failures
- Set and/or adjust machine data in the control
- Optimize a closed loop position control system
- Perform practical start-up and servicing exercises on provided simulator units
- Set or modify machine data to optimize control functions
- Add/edit alarm or message text
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.