June 20 - June 22 / 8:00am - 5:00pm ( + Add to My Calendar )
TIA Portal Safety Engineering
This course is for engineers and personnel responsible for implementing and maintaining SIMATIC S7 TIA Portal Distributed Safety systems, including: Selecting the appropriate architecture, selecting the components and understanding their specific purposes and limitations, specifying the module and system wiring, developing the safety PLC program, starting up, supporting, and troubleshooting the system.
- TIA Portal Programming 1 or
- TIA Portal Service 1 and TIA Portal Service 2
This course introduces the student to a Siemens Distributed Safety PLC application. Participants receive knowledge on applying the system per relevant standards, Failsafe/PROFIsafe settings, operation, Hardware Module details and parameterization, Safety Program structure and implementation, Safety Communications, System Diagnostics and introduction to Drive Safety.
The course format is a combination of instruction and hands-on exercises. A realistic model is used for demonstrations and student exercises. Hardware is simulated using PLCSIM Advanced and a virtual Safety Trainer. Exercises allow students to practice tasks such as configuration, programming, and code debugging.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Locate and understand the applicability of the detailed documentation and development resources
- Load a starting project and configure the Failsafe Hardware components as well as understand their application restrictions
- Properly implement a Safety program in the PLC
- Document, test, and troubleshoot the system using PLCSim Advanced and a virtual Safety Trainer
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.
23409 Industrial Park Ct.
Farmington Hills, MI 48335