This course is designed for S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, and S7-400, PLC users with basic SIMATIC control system knowledge who install or maintain automation systems and their application programs on the TIA Portal Platform.
- TIA Portal Service 1 (SCT-PTTIAS1A)
This course consists of instructor led training and handson exercises to continue skill development in troubleshooting, diagnostics, and modifying hardware and software components of a SIMATIC control system.
Control System Hardware consists of an S7-1500 rack with ET200SP remote IO, Comfort Panel HMI, G120 Drive and a moving conveyor system. Participants will use SIMATIC TIA Portal software tools to build new features, diagnostics and communications into the application project. Program development using organization blocks, system functions and instruction libraries build software troubleshooting efficiency. Analog signal processing and alarming are included in this application. Configuration and integration of an HMI and Drive system into the student project, give experience managing a Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) project. An introduction to Structured Control Language (SCL) and sequence control in SIMATIC S7- GRAPH are included.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Perform basic maintenance on the Maxum Hardware
- Commission S7-1500 rack, ET200SP station, Comfort Panel HMI, G120 Drive, and a conveyor system
- Use advanced STEP 7 tools and methods for Testing, Diagnosing, and Correcting hardware & software problems in a running program
- Utilize block types: FC, FB, OB, and DB
- Eliminate logical and CPU Stop software errors
- Utilize principles of analog value processing
- Monitor an SCL and S7 GRAPH Block
- Backup and document executed program changes
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.