PLEASE NOTE: If training in S7 PLC programming is required, please consider the SIMATIC TIA Portal Programming 1 course.
October 10 - October 13 / 8:00am - 5:00pm ( + Add to My Calendar )
TIA Portal Service 1
2.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Credits)
This course is designed for “first responders” to industry operations utilizing Siemens S7 automated control systems. Maintenance technicians, electricians, supervisors and others, who need an understanding of their Siemens control system, should attend this course to maximize line uptime. This course also provides a great platform for those new to automation systems and state-of-the-art industrial controls.
- Introduction to PLCs and Languages (suggested)
- Microsoft Windows expertise
This first level service course teaches the basic S7 system concept, hardware configuration and parameterization, S7 software (SIMATIC TIA Portal) basics, and an overview of programming fundamentals. Human Machine Interface (HMI) and PROFINET IO basics are also included.
Numerous hands-on exercises using a Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) plant model reinforce practical experience and theoretical knowledge. The TIA plant model consists of an S7-1500 automation system, ET200SP distributed I/O, SIMATIC Comfort Panel, and a conveyor model.}
Students experience and learn TIA concepts and gain an understanding of the relationships between key industrial automation components. Upon completion of the course, students are able to utilize STEP 7 tools, and techniques to accurately recognize, diagnose, and remedy control system faults, reducing costly downtimes.
Modular in design, this course is fully customizable for those interested in on-site training. Topics are designed for adjustments to meet plant specific needs. Call 1.800.241.4453 for more details.
Students needing additional skills in S7 system sustaining to include basic program modifications and advanced systems diagnostics should consider the SIMATIC TIA Portal Service 2 course.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Use standard STEP 7 tools and methods for Testing, Diagnosing, and Correcting hardware & software problems in a running program
- Operate, Monitor, & Maintain components of a typical SIMATIC TIA system
- Perform basic hardware assembly, cabling, wiring and testing
- Establish PLC communication with multiple technologies
- Retrieve, Archive, and Download S7 programs
- Address and wire signal modules
- Perform startup procedures for S7 automation system hardware and software
- Configure and parameterize S7-1500 Hardware utilizing S7 Software tools
- Configure and parameterize PROFINET IO
- Backup and document executed program changes
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.
23409 Industrial Park Ct.
Farmington Hills, MI 48335