This course is for SIMATIC S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, and S7-400 PLC users with basic engineering experience in the design and sustaining of SIMATIC automation systems and their application programs.
- TIA Portal Programming 1 (SCT-PTTIAP1A)
This course is the second in a three part series which increases skills with Siemens SIMATIC TIA Portal.
Students will learn to leverage the power of TIA Portal software with advanced structured programming techniques. A systems approach to efficiently programming the S7-1500, S7-1200, S7-300, and S7- 400 PLC is covered. Integration and connectivity of PROFINET IO, HMI, and G120 Drive are the central focus of this course. Programming emphasis centers on Ladder (LAD), and Statement List (STL) logic with an introduction to Structured Control Language (SCL), and S7-GRAPH. Both direct and indirect addressing are an integral part of the course.
The core issues of efficient use of CPU resources, establishing communications, passing information, and managing integrated diagnostics are included. Skills in error management and extended diagnostics are reinforced throughout this agenda. This course includes classroom instruction, demonstration, and considerable hands-on lab work.
Upon completion of this course, the student shall be able to:
- Leverage the power of Block and Function libraries
- Use LAD and STL for Programming required functions
- Employ direct and indirect addressing in a program
- Incorporate System Functions (SFC) in a program
- Integrate an HMI and Drive system with the PLC on a PROFINET network
- Program Instance and Multi-Instance Block calls
- Use interrupt-driven and error processing program execution blocks
- Leverage STEP7 advanced diagnostics
Note: Class dates are subject to change. Contact us to verify availability and dates.